The benefits of Seaweed
What are the benefits of eating seaweed
At Heartworks, we believe that if you want to have healthy skin, you need to eat well and adding seaweed to your diet and eating it on a regular basis ensures that you are getting every mineral that the human body needs. It is an amazing source of calcium, iodine and sodium and also good source of folic acid, magnesium, iron, potassium, riboflavin and pantothenic acid. It also contains properties to protect against cancer and fucans which can help reduce inflammation.
The iodine in seaweed helps support the thyroid function. The levels of folic acid and magnesium help protect the heart and cardiovascular system. The riboflavin and pantothenic acid in seaweed can help against stress and anxiety.
In short include seaweed in your daily diet and you're on the right path and it can show in the long run on your skin
The benefits of seaweed for the skin
- Due to the alginates in seaweed, it is great locking in moisture in the skin
- It promotes collagen production in the skin
- Great for ezcema as it has anti-inflammatory properties
- High amounts of zinc and magnesium can help the sensitive skin types and calm down redness
- It can help reduce hyperpigmentation and brighten the skin
We, at Heartworks Skincare, have seaweed in one of our natural handmade soaps. The one with frankincense and lavender. I recently came across https://seavite.com/ and was impressed with their range of skincare products containing seaweed.