Hair Loss/Bald Head
Some people elect to have a bald head because of their religion or because it suits them. But others find it a problem. Hair loss, also called Alopecia, is quite a common complaint among both men and women. It's not an easy problem to handle, especially emotionally, so it's important that you talk about it early on to all your friends and loved ones. Don't keep it to yourself!. A problem shared is a problem halved. Don't see it as you dark secret that needs to be kept away and hidden! You can't hide it so embrace it, or go along with it, or find a solution!
Causes of Hair Loss
The causes are many, besides which, one is genetic - you inherit it. This usually happens in men. More temporary causes are:-
- an illness
- cancer therapies (chemotherapy is known to cause hair falling out)
- iron deficiency
- weight loss
Seek medical advice for any of the above.
Treatments and Solutions for Hair Loss
There are treatments out there and some work for one and not for the other. You have to find the one that best suits you.
- Wigs, whether real hair or artificial hair, are a good solution
- Light treatment - ultraviolet light on the bald patches
- Hair transplant where hair cells are moved to thinning patches
- Artificial hair transplant - surgery to implant artificial hair
- If caused by stress, look for a way to improve quality of life! Change something! Take up yoga and walking!
- Keep the chin up! Sometimes these problems are only temporary and the hair will grow back again. So keep positive!
- Join a support group! Google it! You'll find the one that suits you
- I've heard of having hair strands tatooed on your head. That sounds painful but don't mind me!