Body Butter - Butter Not For Your Bread!
When we hear the term "butter" we think of butter that you put on your bread or your freshly boiled potatoes, and we don't think of butter that you can put on your body. Body butter is not edible, it is not for your bread and it certainly is not for those floury potatoes. It is for your skin and especially those dry parts of the body.
At a show, one time, I had the body butter out on display and open for people to both smell and try on their skin. I looked away for a moment and when I looked back this man was actually, with a stick provided, putting the body butter into his mouth. I bet that didn't taste too nice. He went off with his tail between his legs and a look of disgust on his face!! This is not the man below. This is a free image I found on Pixabay but he looked a bit like this as he walked off!
But I digress!!!
Ingredients in our Body Butter
The ingredients in our body butter are as follows:-
- Coconut oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- Cocoa butter
- Shea butter
- Calendula oil (homemade from marigold from our garden)
- Essential oils (depending on the variation)
What Body Butter is Good For
Body butter has several uses and excellent properties for your skin. I always tell people to use only a little at a time as it goes a long way.
- Use on sore dry feet. At night rub some into your clean feet and put on some socks. Your feet will thank you for that pampering
- Excellent for those dry parts, such as elbows or behind the knees or chapped hands. Use sparingly as a little goes a long way
- After showering, rub all over the body. especially the arms and legs. It is excellent for those suffering from eczema or extra dry skin.
- Can be used on a burn or light abrasion on the skin. It has calendula oil in there which is great for burns and is very healing
In short, body butter has everything your skin needs and daily rubbing it on will see your skin glowing, nice and soft, moisturised, and happy out!! If any of you have any questions arising please do not hesitate to contact us. Our aim is to please and to give clarity about all our products