Beneficial Oils and Essential Oils for Acne
BENEFICIAL OILS AND ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ACNE
Feeling down because of those itchy, insistent and nasty spots on your face? Feel like putting a mask on or covering your face with your hands to hide those pimples on your cheeks? Confidence gone out the window?
What causes Acne?
It is a build of up of dead skin in your pores which can be caused by 1. hormones, or 2. the skin not self exfoliating, or 3. the over zealous production of sebum or 4. bacteria.
REMEDIES FOR ACNE SUFFERERS
It must be stated that if the acne is very serious and is causing a lot of distress it is important to seek medical advice. Below are some essential oils and carrier oils that can help alleviate some of the symptoms of acne.
- Salicylic acid is a great exfoliator and will soothe the skin too.
- Tea tree is anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and cleansing once or twice a week with a carrier oil infused with tea tree (one drop tea tree to a tablespoon of carrier oil) should greatly improve and reduce the over enlarged pores as it is gets rid of bacteria and dirt from the skin.
- Lemon essential oil can also have the effect of killing bacteria in the pores.
- Bergamot essential oil can help lift the spirits
- Lavender essential oil, like tea tree, is anti-microbial and is a great cleanser (one of my favourite essential oils for skin conditions)
- Rosemary essential oil helps regulate sebum production in the skin.
- Grapefruit essential oil, rich in vitamin c and anti-oxidants should also be used in helping with acne.
- Jojoba oil is great as a carrier oil for the above essential oils as it, in turn, mimics the skin's production of sebum and regulates it.
At Heartworks we have a number of products that my help. Our facial oil cleansers are very beneficial to acne sufferers, helping to combat the symptoms arising. Take special note of the tea tree and lemon variant or even the rosemary and eucalyptus and/or lavender & frankincense variants. Also, we have some face creams that applying with clean hands to the face on a daily basis will greatly assist. Take special note of:-
- Jojoba & Evening Primrose with Fennel, Rosemary, Cedarwood and Sweet Orange Essential Oil and
- Jojoba & Vitamin E with Lemongrass and Lemon Essential Oil
Most importanly, don't despair! With effort on you part to eat well, to have good hygiene standards, to seek medical advice if it's too serious, to drink lots of water, to refrain from using makeup for a while, to apply some topical creams either prescribed by your doctor or skin care specialist, you'll pull through. You will hold your head up high again and will show that lovely face of yours!