5 Harmful Ingredients In Skincare To Be Aware Of
Some ingredients in skincare are harmful
It's important to note what we are putting on our skin as well as what we are ingesting. Awareness is key. Just because some skincare product you are using is seemingly doing wonders doesn't mean that it's not bad for you in other ways.
Below are just some of the substances we should be aware of and try to avoid. There are many more but I just want to point out some of the more common ones
- Parabens. This is a preservative used in many skincare products to prolong its shelf life. It can go into your blood stream and mess with your hormones. May be linked to breast cancer. Highly toxic and can cause skin irritation too.
- Synthetic Fragrance. Can be the cause of an allergic reaction. Constant use of these fragrances (made up of who knows what!) can lead to respiratory problems
- Phthalates. It might be an endocrine-disrupting chemical (EDC) that can alter hormonal balance and potentially cause reproductive, developmental and other health issues.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate. This is used in toothpaste and other cosmetics as a surfactant, increasing the surface area in the cosmetics and causing them to lather up nicely. Prolonged use of it can cause damage to the respiratory systems as well as hormones
- Propylene Glycol. Has been known to cause abnormalties in the liver, brain and kidneys. It is used as anti freeze, Yikes!!!. so I don't care if it also retains moisture and is used as a moisturiser. There are other substances such as vegtable glycerin and different oils such as coconut for that purpose!!
All natural ingredients in our skincare
I am very happy to say that we do not have any of the above in any of our skincare products which are free from nasty substances as we only use natural ingredients