5 Benefits of Calendula In Your Natural Skincare
Here at Heartworks Skincare, we take great pride in the fact that we make our own calendula oil using our own calendula flowers that we have growing from late Spring right through to early Autumn. Why put calendula petals into skincare anyway? Because calendula oil has many benefits for the skin
- Calendula oil is rich in antioxidants, which will protect you against free radicals
- It is reputed to be a natural sunscreen. I'm no expert on the subject of sun protection but I do know that for me, having calendula oil in my skincare daily routine, has helped me not burn. Easy in a country like Ireland, I hear you say! But if you are out in the garden for hours every day, like I am, you are exposing yourself to the sun's harmful UV rays.
- It is generally known that calendula ointment is great for minor burns and abrasions. It has tremendous healing properties in it and is very beneficial for wounds
- It is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial so might be good in the treatment of acne
- It helps keep the skin moisturised and hydrated
Our hand cream and body butter contain the calendula oil that we make using our calendula flowers making them healing, moisturising and hydrating