The benefits of Bentonite Clay
With bentonite clay you can make many skincare products and none other than cream deodorant. But you can also make a clay face mask with it or you can put it into a soap that you make yourself. Why put bentonite clay in there in the first place?
Well, bentonite clay has many benefits:-
- Clays, in general, are rich in minerals and the skin loves minerals and needs them
- Bentonite clay is exfoliating and takes away dead skin if used in a soap
- It also draws out toxins. This is why we use it in our cream deodorant
- It's anti-bacterial
- And anti-inflammatory
- It can soothe skin rashes
- It has moisturising properties
- It's great for people with oily skin as it removes excess oil
You wouldn't be using bentonite clay as a face mask every day but once a week or a fortnight will show great improvement to the skin.
To make a clay mask, simply get bentonite clay and add some water until you have a smooth paste that can easily be spread on your face. Leave for about 15 minutes and wash off with warm water. You can use a kind gentle soap to help in this process.
If you're making a soap or a deodorant make sure it's not more than 5% of the total mixture because these products you will be using every day and bentonite clay could dry out your skin.