Our hands are mishandled (excuse the pun) all the time and need tender loving care on a daily basis. They say that the hands can reveal your age long before the wrinkles set around your eyes. Hand care is something you should incorporate into you daily routine
Dry Chapped Hands
If your're anything like me, you have your hands constantly in a basin of water or in the dirt in the garden. This does nothing to help dry chapped hands, I'm afraid. The skin on our hands is very thin and is exposed to all kinds of weather; in the summer, to the sun and in winter, to the cold. But they are also constantly being abused by dangerous chemicals and harsh detergents. For this reason it is important to give them special attention
Weather Shield Mask For Your Hands
As stated before, the hands are exposed all the time and can become dry and rough. Try this rather unusual mask with potatoe!!
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed (cooled)
- 30ml double cream
- 1 tblsp. olive oil
- 1 tblsp. lemon juice
- ½ teasp. vitamin E
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a past.
- Spread on the mask on the hands and rub in well to allow the fats and oil to penetrate the skin.
- Leave on for a few minutes.
- Rinse off and follow with a moisturiser
All Year Round Hand Moisturiser
Aloe vera is a great gel for the skin. It moisturises, heals chapped skin and protects. The same applies to the sweet almond oil and glycerin
- 60ml aloe vera gel
- 2 teasp. sweet almond oil
- 1 teasp. glycerin
- Gradually add the oil to the gel with a whisk
- Now add the glycerin continuing to whisk
- Apply to the hands as necessary
Heartworks Hand Cream
Although I have supplied a recipe for a moisturiser for the hands and it should be a really effective one, I would like to let you know that we also have a hand cream with calendula oil, beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil and apricot kernel oil. It is packed with goodness and skin loving oils and is very effective